I suggest SGA ...

Establish a transparent and objective weather response policy which takes those living off-campus into account

As seen by IIT's response to Winter Storm Linus on February 1, 2015, many students feel left out of the decision not to close the university, and do not understand what the university's policy is regarding operations in inclement weather. The university remained open and classes were scheduled to be held, yet many sidewalks and parking lots were not cleared of snow at 8:35am when the first classes are scheduled to start. To prevent future occurrences of this issue, a policy should be established and shared with students which has objective criteria for whether or not to close the university (or delay operations). The policy should take into account IIT Facilities response time and ability to clear all campus walkways, as well as the needs of those living off-campus such as commuter students, faculty, and staff members.

183 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Eric “Binary Sentinel” TendianEric “Binary Sentinel” Tendian shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Alex Francis BurchardAlex Francis Burchard commented  · 

I concur. I'm actually glad they are keeping classes going, but I think their snow clearance response is absurd. As I see it, the University has two choices: cancel school, or plow everything before students arrive.

Feedback and Knowledge Base